Young Rider.com
Rules-Read First     Home          Members     Calendar     Who's On

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

The Young Rider Forums are open to subscribers of Young Rider magazine ONLY. In order to register, you must have your Account Number. Please note that it takes 1-2 weeks for your subscription to be processed and your account to be activated.

Home » Young Rider Forum » Introductions » Tips for New Members

12345»»»

Tips for New Members Expand / Collapse
Author

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 12/27/2008 7:17:41 AM
PRB'S TIPS FOR NEWBIES!

Here are some tips if you're new on these boards. Follow them, and you're sure to fit right in.

PART ONE: POSTING TIPS

1. Please don't type "lyk dis kk!!!!" because it really does get annoying. If you can't spell, you're obviously too young to use a computer.

2. Five exclamation points are not neccasary on the end of every sentance. Please remember that.

3. DON'T TYPE IN ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME! <- It sounds like your yelling and distracts us from your post.

4. Keep the text abbreviations (ex. lol, omg) on the down low. It's annoying when your post looks like this: "FYI OMG your horse is lol lol lol lol funnayyyyyyyyyy looking! OMG WTH is on his head? ROFL ROFL LMAO!!!"

5. Don't use the non-text smileys. ( ex. ) Nobody likes them. XD

6. Don't swear so much, as there are younger members on here who may be offended.

7. Don't fight. Just don't.

PART TWO: THE BOARDS AND STUFF

1. Pease post all topics on the appropriate boards. A topic called "How do I fit a Saddle?" does not belong in "Critique Me, Please."

2. Don't bring up old topics, please. They're old news.

PART THREE: CRITIQUE ME, PLEASE!

1. You post it, you ask for it. Don't flip out on members who give you a completly polite critique.

2. " I hate it, you are a terrible rider, and your horse is a fat cow" isn't a critique. Instead, kindly let the member know what they could improve on and how they could do it.

3. Only post banner ctiques once in a while. They clog up the horsey part.

PART FOUR: BANNERS, SIGGIES, AND AVVIES

1. Please keep your signature short. Long ones often slow down computers and keep members from enjoying YR.

2. Don't post siggy shops a ton. They clog the boards. Instead, post in the latest siggy mall. Don't see one? Make one yourself.

3. Don't be offended if you use mybannermaker.com and picnik and blingee and glittershack and nobody wants your banners. They aren't very good, honestly. If you are that interested in making banners, you should invest in a program such as Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Paint Shop Pro, etc.

4. You should use only ONE banner per signature. I'm sure the banner makers wouldn't mind very much if you didn't use their's right away.

PART FIVE: GENERAL

1. Don't lie. We are magical and can tell your lying, and will get mad at you.

2. Don't post pictures, banners, etc that aren't yours and claim them as your own.

3. Be nice. Treat othersd the way you'd like to be treated.

And that concludes the tips!

Goodbye, Misty. Be good at your new home.

You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart.

Post #812827
Posted 8/17/2008 6:16:29 PM

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 5/17/2016 8:28:32 PM
Pure trueness =) I hate it when people bring a topic up from like 3 months ago.

Sheldon 3.2.11

Post #812931
Posted 8/18/2008 5:34:46 AM

Advanced Member

Last Login: 9/16/2010 9:06:55 PM
Thank you PRB.  Hopefully this will help!

--------------------------------------------
Siggys are pretty simple at the moment.  Once I get my new Photoshop they will be better ^_^
I'm back!  Or, at least for now.  I'm not sure for how long.
I'm srry if I keep leaving or leave for a long time.  I have other things going on in my life.
With love =]
------------------------------------------------------
Post #813267
Posted 8/19/2008 5:15:03 AM

Advanced Member

Last Login: 12/27/2008 7:17:41 AM
thank you

Goodbye, Misty. Be good at your new home.

You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart.

Post #814558
Posted 8/20/2008 8:16:07 AM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: 7/18/2009 11:06:13 AM
ILY. <33

only here for today :P

Post #815876
Posted 8/30/2008 5:40:31 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 4/11/2010 4:21:00 PM
oops. sorry! i guess i haven't followed the rules very well.

MISSY- 5 yr old register morgan mare♥

Copy and paste this if you have ever pushed a door that says pull

thanks lilbirdy1656 for the amazing banner!

Post #827610
Posted 8/30/2008 11:24:35 PM

Advanced Member

Last Login: 4/27/2011 4:58:06 PM
Bravo.
=]

Flash&&Echo.

Post #829030
Posted 9/1/2008 7:15:00 AM

Advanced Member

Last Login: 10/16/2010 7:42:17 PM
Thank.You!

Post #830721
Posted 9/1/2008 7:20:27 AM

Average Member

Average MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage Member

Last Login: 6/5/2010 7:39:44 PM
You are amazing!!

~*Stephanie*~    

Post #830726
Posted 9/24/2008 10:13:25 AM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: 11/25/2010 5:26:28 PM
Thanks for posting this!

Post #855200
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12345»»»

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 2 (2 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, yrboss, YRmod, Community Moderator

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:40am

HOME | MAGAZINE | FIND A HORSE | SHOPPING | RESOURCES | CONTACT US | ADVERTISE

shopanimalnetwork.com | Dog Fancy | Cat Fancy | Horse Illustrated | Reptiles | Remember Our Pets
Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc. Animal Network
nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+
Copyright ©  BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use * Guidelines for Participation