Young Rider.com
Rules-Read First     Home          Members     Calendar     Who's On

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

The Young Rider Forums are open to subscribers of Young Rider magazine ONLY. In order to register, you must have your Account Number. Please note that it takes 1-2 weeks for your subscription to be processed and your account to be activated.

Home » Young Rider Forum » Role Play Games » Just Jump

12345»»»

Just Jump Expand / Collapse
Author
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 9/13/2016 7:07:44 PM

The Barn and Main Arena
Schooling standards with white poles are available in every ring

The Stalls
Each stall is equipped with an automatic feeder and waterer

The Lockers

The Paddocks
Mares and geldings are separated by an elegant running water trough

The Covered Arena

The Second Arena

The Third Arena

The Trail

The Housing
Interior, each house has an AC and heating system with a bathroom behind the ladder

Welcome to Double Arrow Equine, producer of the top show jumping horses of today - and tomorrow. This summer, DAE has invited six teens to live on-site and help train their prestigious horses, with shows every weekend and lessons everyday in between. You are assigned four horses - two finished horses to keep in winning shape, and two five-year-olds with only flatwork under their belts - to care for, which includes feeding, mucking, turning out and bringing in, holding for vet and farrier - the whole hullabaloo. Every day at ten AM there is a group lesson, every weekend there is a show. It's not an easy summer job, but stay the whole summer, work hard, place well, and you could get the big bucks.

Rules
Ask to join, I don't care who you are
Include what gender your character is when you ask
Girls and guys are going to be accepted
No stallions
Keep it realistic for god's sake, maybe they go to WEG or WEF but no Olympians
I can reject your inquiry to join and kick you out of the RP as I see it fit
Please try to keep an even gelding/mare ratio
Purebred performance breeds only please - TBs, WBs, etc
Storyline Things
They have a lesson at 10AM in the covered arena every day
They are expected to ride a different horse in said lesson every day
On Wednesdays, in place of a lesson, they go on a 'trail' ride at a canter over jumps
They do not bring their own horses
They do not know which horses or cabins they are getting

Spots
Trainer - Me
Girl - Me

Form
Human
Name/
Age/ (16-19)
Gender/
Personality/
Background/
Picture/
Other/

Finished Horse
Show Name/
Barn Name/
Breed/
Gender/
Picture/
Other/

Young Horse
Show Name/
Barn Name/
Breed/
Gender/
Picture/
Other/

Lydia + Rosie

Post #2049906
Posted 1/4/2016 6:52:25 AM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Form
Human
Name/ Eli Archer
Age/ 24
Gender/ Male
Personality/ Easy-going and chill on the ground, very businesslike and tough in the saddle
Background/ Grew up training for his parents, eventually went to Europe and trained there for years, was offered a job here. The rest is history. Really accomplished, I'm really tired ok
Picture/

Other/

Form
Human
Name/ Florentine 'Ren' Golightly
Age/ 17, nearly 18
Gender/ Female
Personality/ You-do-you-and-I'll-do-me, basically
Background/ Ren grew up in a small farming town, one like the hundreds surrounding it, flipping horses with her older brother, Andy, and her dads. She's always had a rough time of it at school - it was bad enough to have a name like Florentine, but having gay parents was the icing on the cake for bullies - and struggled with depression and anxiety because of it, but with Andy always looking out for her, she, for the most part, kept it in check. While she was 14, though, Andy enlisted in the navy, and was soon shipped off for training, and, after that, war. He kept his little family back in Iowa updated - he joined the K-9 unit in the SEALs and was soon known as the best handler in his squad - but a year and a half after he left, he was killed in action. Ren, who'd been struggling with her mental health a lot more since he’d left, was completely crushed, suicidal for months afterward. She got her GED despite being a sophomore and never left her bed. Her dads adopted Andy’s dog, Quin, for her as soon as the military cleared it - at first, Ren wanted nothing to do with him. After a week, though, she never went anywhere without him - still doesn't. She fell into a black depression, picking up tons of self-destructive habits that kept piling up until six months into her seventeenth year, at which point, she picked herself up and started trying to make herself okay. She's still fragile and has a long road to hoe, but she's getting there. She got another dog not too long ago to keep Quin company and named it after her brother to honor him. She met Echo at a jumper show and they hit it off and stayed super close - Ren felt like Echo filled the hole Andy left.
Picture/

Other/ Quin (a Belgian Malinois) and Andy, a huskey

Finished Horse
Show Name/ Semi-Automatic
Barn Name/ Sam
Breed/ American Warmblood
Gender/ Gelding
Picture/

Other/

Young Horse
Show Name/ Silver Screen Scenario
Barn Name/ Rio
Breed/ Thoroughbred
Gender/ Gelding
Picture/

Other/

Finished Horse
Show Name/ Flowers After Hours
Barn Name/ Hal
Breed/ KWPN
Gender/ Mare
Picture/

Other/

Young Horse
Show Name/ Pyrotechnical
Barn Name/ Pyro
Breed/ Havoverian
Gender/ Mare
Picture/

Other/

Lydia + Rosie

Post #2049907
Posted 1/4/2016 7:06:35 AM

Advanced Member

Last Login: 11/4/2017 9:06:29 PM
Form
Human
Name/Echo Fowl
Age/ (16-19)18
Gender/chickadee
Personality/kicka$s a bit, workaholic, and intelligent
Background/Echo was born to a dressage rider and an eventer in California, and was riding in a parent's arms before she was a month old. She progressed quickly, going for both quality and quantity, showing in dressage, jumpers, hunters, equitation, and eventing, and winning most of the time, going to AEC, WEF, Devon, Pony Finals, etc. quite a few times. When she was 15, her 8 year old little sister had a freak accident where both she and the bombproof pony she had been riding at the time died, and Echo receeded deep inside herself for a few months, working herself to exhaustion, and while she did graduate within a year after that and her riding grew to a near professional level, she was ill quite a bit and lost nearly 50 pounds from her already thin frame. After moving to Kentucky by herself she came out of her shell and her health improved quite a bit, but she never stopped working either, focusing on showjumping but still catchriding in her other disciplines and working babies on the track. She met Ren at a jumper show and grew extremely close and fiercely protective, adopting her in place of the little sister she had lost.
Picture/

Other/

Finished Horse
Show Name/Adeline
Barn Name/Addie
Breed/dutch warmblood
Gender/mare
Picture/

Other/

Finished Horse
Show Name/Apollo 11
Barn Name/Apollo
Breed/tb
Gender/gelding
Picture/

Other/

Young Horse
Show Name/Cherries Jubilee
Barn Name/Cherries
Breed/Oldenburg
Gender/mare
Picture/

Other/ 

Young Horse
Show Name/Peregrin Took
Barn Name/Pippin
Breed/Hanoverian
Gender/gelding
Picture/

Other/ 

~The Bat~

You're just as sane as I am

Post #2049909
Posted 1/4/2016 7:50:08 AM

Advanced Member

Last Login: 9/21/2016 10:06:50 PM
Can I have a girl?

I'm homeschooled and proud of it!

Jesus loves you!

Post #2049913
Posted 1/4/2016 8:46:19 AM
Advanced Member

go for it!

Lydia + Rosie

Post #2049914
Posted 1/4/2016 11:38:40 AM
Advanced Member

Once bittersweet posts her form, we'll start, unless someone else appears?

Lydia + Rosie

Post #2049917
Posted 1/4/2016 12:25:45 PM
Advanced Member

Last Login: 1/7/2017 2:52:56 PM
Form
Human
Name/ Rain Anthony
Age/ 18
Gender/ Female
Personality/ ADHD and anxiety and a great time
Background/ She had a horse-heavy childhood like always, but it wasn't her entire life. When she was sixteen, her parents got a job offer that would require moving across the country, but she opted to stay where she was, moving into the little apartment she and a bunch of her guy friends rented as a party house instead. She sold her horses and started exercising and catch-riding, making a living off of that. Double Arrow caught wind of her and invited her over.
Picture/

Other/

Finished Horse
Show Name/ Easy Breezy Beautiful
Barn Name/ Bree
Breed/ Sellé Français
Gender/ Mare
Picture/

Other/

Young Horse
Show Name/ Cause Against Affect
Barn Name/ Cal
Breed/ Appendix
Gender/ Gelding
Picture/

Other/

Finished Horse
Show Name/ Miles To Go Before I Sleep
Barn Name/ Miles
Breed/ Oldenburg
Gender/ Gelding
Picture/

Other/

Young Horse
Show Name/ Maybe A Sinner
Barn Name/ Kylo
Breed/ Trakhener
Gender/ Mare
Picture/

Other/

close my eyes and cross my arms,
put me in the dirt, let me dream with the stars

Post #2049918
Posted 1/4/2016 12:39:31 PM

Advanced Member

Last Login: 11/4/2017 9:06:29 PM
KYLO REN

~The Bat~

You're just as sane as I am

Post #2049920
Posted 1/4/2016 12:48:32 PM
Advanced Member

Last Login: 1/7/2017 2:52:56 PM
eventing_tough (1/4/2016)
KYLO REN
c;

close my eyes and cross my arms,
put me in the dirt, let me dream with the stars

Post #2049921
Posted 1/5/2016 7:46:34 AM

Advanced Member

Last Login: 9/21/2016 10:06:50 PM
I will post my form tonight. I've been really busy with school starting, sorry.

I'm homeschooled and proud of it!

Jesus loves you!

Post #2049937
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12345»»»

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Animal Network Admin, yrboss, YRmod, Community Moderator

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 11:46am

HOME | MAGAZINE | FIND A HORSE | SHOPPING | RESOURCES | CONTACT US | ADVERTISE

shopanimalnetwork.com | Dog Fancy | Cat Fancy | Horse Illustrated | Reptiles | Remember Our Pets
Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc. Animal Network
nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+
Copyright ©  BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use * Guidelines for Participation