Young Rider.com
Rules-Read First     Home          Members     Calendar     Who's On

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

The Young Rider Forums are open to subscribers of Young Rider magazine ONLY. In order to register, you must have your Account Number. Please note that it takes 1-2 weeks for your subscription to be processed and your account to be activated.

Home » Young Rider Forum » Western Riding » Classic Equine vs Professional's Choice

Classic Equine vs Professional's Choice Expand / Collapse
Author

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 10/29/2016 11:30:06 AM
I'm starting to think of things I want to buy for the upcoming show season and I'm hung up on which boots I want. I thought I was sold on the glitter lime Pro's Choice boots but then a friend told me she likes the Classic Equine boots way better. I haven't had either brand for smbs so I'm not sure what to get. Plus the lime green Classic Equine boots look dull.

Help me.

Thanks Abra!

Shaq and Jack
-Brianna-

Post #2043343
Posted 2/11/2015 4:53:21 PM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: 11/10/2015 5:32:48 PM
I have the professionals choose lime ven tech elites. I've hardly ever used them because of not riding but I love them. They are simple to use and the seem durable. The color is really vibrant too. I was going to get classic equine but yes the color is a whole lot more dull. The pro choice ones are really lime green

Edit: the ones in my banner are tough 1 cheap ones. The pro choice ones are a little more green like the saddle pad in my banner

Though she be but little, she is fierce

banner by Susan

Post #2043344
Posted 2/11/2015 5:53:51 PM

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 10/19/2016 10:00:58 PM
I don't know anything about using them for barrels but my mom used them on xc and for turnout and she likes the Professional's Choice ones.
Nobody makes yellow so I haven't personally used them

~The Bat~

You're just as sane as I am

Post #2043347
Posted 2/11/2015 8:58:07 PM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 1/7/2017 2:52:56 PM
Hello as the owner of SMBs from both brands I feel somewhat qualified to answer

I really love the Professional's Choice SMBs, they're so sleek and bright and they last a long time unless you have a horse like Sev who completely demolishes back boots (a recent habit… hmmm)

So if you have a horse who does tend to 'burn' their legs at the fetlocks, I'd recommend Classic Equine for the reinforced patches there, they also have great colors but overall, unless you have a wrecker, I'd go with Professional's Choice.

close my eyes and cross my arms,
put me in the dirt, let me dream with the stars

Post #2043355
Posted 2/12/2015 7:11:14 AM

Last Login: 10/29/2016 11:30:06 AM
Thanks friends! I think I'm gonna get the glitter lime Pro's Choice set. Since they're gonna be expensive no matter what I want to actually like them and yay glitter

Thanks Abra!

Shaq and Jack
-Brianna-

Post #2043362
Posted 2/15/2015 10:50:20 AM

Starting Member

Starting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting Member

Last Login: 4/2/2015 7:15:51 PM
I use Classic Equine's and always have. I love my boots, and Dakota has s weird way of trotting when he's mad, like hes a refined horse that can't quite prance. Those boots take a beating with no prob.

Can Shoot Me Down, But I Won't Fall. I am Titanium

Run and hide, but we will find you. Our legacies, they live in our blood. Forever we will win these battles. We are smarter, faster, stronger.

I could never live without the strength of you by my side. You are my strength, my quickness, and my heart.

I will love you forever because love is the only thing in this world that is forever other than death, and true love goes to the grave.

Of course I believe in true love. I have you.

Snowy Dakota - SW Deluxe Candy
Post #2043788
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Animal Network Admin, yrboss, YRmod, Community Moderator

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:38am

HOME | MAGAZINE | FIND A HORSE | SHOPPING | RESOURCES | CONTACT US | ADVERTISE

shopanimalnetwork.com | Dog Fancy | Cat Fancy | Horse Illustrated | Reptiles | Remember Our Pets
Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc. Animal Network
nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+
Copyright ©  BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use * Guidelines for Participation