Young Rider.com
Rules-Read First     Home          Members     Calendar     Who's On

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

The Young Rider Forums are open to subscribers of Young Rider magazine ONLY. In order to register, you must have your Account Number. Please note that it takes 1-2 weeks for your subscription to be processed and your account to be activated.

Home » Young Rider Forum » Health, Grooming and Tack Q&A » sweat sheet and bit

sweat sheet and bit Expand / Collapse
Author

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 11/10/2015 5:32:48 PM
shadower (12/28/2014)
[quote]bayleepalomino (12/27/2014)
[quote]shadower (12/27/2014)
I might get a turnout sheet or a sweat sheet. Shadow stands out in the rain and gets all wet but she is getting a shelter built today. She sometimes gets sweaty when I ride her. Should I get a turnout sheet or a sweatsheet?

Get a sweatshirt/cooler to use after you ride her and to dry her off with. A sweatsheet shouldn't be used in the pasture. If you want something for her to wear while she is turned out, get a waterproof rain sheet or lightweight sheet. To be honest, I wouldn't even bother with the turnout sheet. You're in florida right? It won't get too cold there and if it's raining for a long time the sheet could get wet and maybe a little wet on the inside and that would cause her to get chilled an would be worse than not wearing anything at all. The best protection for a horse is it's natural coat. When you put a sheet or blanket on a horse, you are pressing the hairs down which is essentially taking away the horse's natural ability to stay warm and protect itself.[/quote]yes, I live in Florida.I was worried that the wind would get her chilled after her workout or bath. What is the difference between a cooler and a sweat sheet?[/quote]
If you are worried about that, then go ahead and get a cooler. The cooler could be used to dry her off from the rain, keep her clean before a show, and cool her out and wick away sweat after a ride to keep her from getting chilled. A cooler is just another name for a sweatsheet

Though she be but little, she is fierce

banner by Susan

Post #2038064
Posted 12/28/2014 4:07:17 PM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 7/5/2016 6:22:24 PM
bayleepalomino (12/28/2014)
shadower (12/28/2014)
bayleepalomino (12/27/2014)
shadower (12/27/2014)
I might get a turnout sheet or a sweat sheet. Shadow stands out in the rain and gets all wet but she is getting a shelter built today. She sometimes gets sweaty when I ride her. Should I get a turnout sheet or a sweatsheet?

Get a sweatshirt/cooler to use after you ride her and to dry her off with. A sweatsheet shouldn't be used in the pasture. If you want something for her to wear while she is turned out, get a waterproof rain sheet or lightweight sheet. To be honest, I wouldn't even bother with the turnout sheet. You're in florida right? It won't get too cold there and if it's raining for a long time the sheet could get wet and maybe a little wet on the inside and that would cause her to get chilled an would be worse than not wearing anything at all. The best protection for a horse is it's natural coat. When you put a sheet or blanket on a horse, you are pressing the hairs down which is essentially taking away the horse's natural ability to stay warm and protect itself.
yes, I live in Florida.I was worried that the wind would get her chilled after her workout or bath. What is the difference between a cooler and a sweat sheet?

If you are worried about that, then go ahead and get a cooler. The cooler could be used to dry her off from the rain, keep her clean before a show, and cool her out and wick away sweat after a ride to keep her from getting chilled. A cooler is just another name for a sweatsheet
okay. Could you help me find a cooler? Shadow wears a 72 and my price limit is $50-$70.

Taylor & Shadow

banner by Annie

Post #2038067
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 2 (2 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Animal Network Admin, yrboss, YRmod, Community Moderator

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:44am

HOME | MAGAZINE | FIND A HORSE | SHOPPING | RESOURCES | CONTACT US | ADVERTISE

shopanimalnetwork.com | Dog Fancy | Cat Fancy | Horse Illustrated | Reptiles | Remember Our Pets
Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc. Animal Network
nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+
Copyright ©  BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use * Guidelines for Participation