Young Rider.com
Rules-Read First     Home          Members     Calendar     Who's On

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

The Young Rider Forums are open to subscribers of Young Rider magazine ONLY. In order to register, you must have your Account Number. Please note that it takes 1-2 weeks for your subscription to be processed and your account to be activated.

Home » Young Rider Forum » Horse Problems/Training Questions » Jackie's new issue

Jackie's new issue Expand / Collapse
Author

Average Member

Average MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 7/25/2016 11:35:43 AM
So the last 3 times I've ridden Jackie she's started bucking at the canter, as in the she's happy kinda way. She takes about 5/6 strides and then starts, it is the excited type of bucking, not the get off my back type. It's not too big of a issue, but I did fall off her her tonight when I was cantering her bareback. Its respective ones, I stayed on for the first 4, and fell off on the 5th. It's with the saddle, and without so it's not tack, and she wants to go, isn't in any pain. So anything helpful?

-Lilyanna-
~Jackie & Medallion~
Banner by Abra
Was mistydixie
Post #2022938
Posted 10/6/2014 4:54:37 PM

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 6/16/2015 3:10:40 PM
If the saddle is making her back sore she will still be sore when you ride her bareback.

-Ashley-

Post #2022948
Posted 10/6/2014 5:52:05 PM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 11/10/2016 2:39:20 PM
Just because the saddle wasn't on her doesn't mean she's not in pain due to the damage caused by an ill-fitting saddle.
In no way does wanting to go forward definitely rule out pain. If a horse suddenly started bucking for no apparent reason, pain would be my first thought.
However, if there is a plausible reason (she's normally ridden 5 days a week but had had the last 3 days off, the sudden weather changes, etc), try to keep things normal and see if the behavior continues. If she's back in regular work, the weather stabilizes, or whatever was different is back to normal, and she's fine again, don't worry about it. If the bucking continues, look for a physical problem--tack, hocks, back, ulcers, etc.

-Hannah

juliette

Post #2022971
Posted 10/8/2014 12:21:01 PM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: 8/11/2015 12:24:34 PM
I'd check to make sure she's not in pain or anything before you call it a training issue. If pain's not the cause, maybe try lunging her before you ride and see if that helps.

Our bond can never be broken, Catherine & J.T. forever <3

Post #2023301
Posted 10/26/2014 6:30:08 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 10/28/2014 3:52:16 PM
I would also suggest ruling out pain first, and then if that definitely not an issue then possibly lunge her before you ride and turn her out more

--Jasmine

"My horse's feet are as swift as rolling thunder,
she carries me away from all my fears,
and when the world threatens to fall asunder,
her mane is there to wipe away my tears."
I love you Twinkle!!!
(Banner/Picture to come)
Post #2026361
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Animal Network Admin, yrboss, YRmod, Community Moderator

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 11:39am

HOME | MAGAZINE | FIND A HORSE | SHOPPING | RESOURCES | CONTACT US | ADVERTISE

shopanimalnetwork.com | Dog Fancy | Cat Fancy | Horse Illustrated | Reptiles | Remember Our Pets
Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc. Animal Network
nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+
Copyright ©  BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use * Guidelines for Participation