Young Rider.com
Rules-Read First     Home          Members     Calendar     Who's On

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

The Young Rider Forums are open to subscribers of Young Rider magazine ONLY. In order to register, you must have your Account Number. Please note that it takes 1-2 weeks for your subscription to be processed and your account to be activated.

Home » Young Rider Forum » Horse Problems/Training Questions » Jumping Advice ASAP

Jumping Advice ASAP Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 1/6/2016 4:33:57 PM
[quote]love the fray (8/25/2014)
I AM VERY AWARE OF THE DANGERS OF TEACHING A HORSE TO REAR.

Also,what about the dangers of OTHER EVENTS?

How about Show Jumping? A horse and rider could be killed instantly.
And Barrel Racing. One wrong turn,the horse is down with a broken leg.
And pleasure. A horse could spook,a rider could fall,shatter her skull,a horse could break a leg,get a foot trapped in the bridle etc

We also are in danger of even INTERACTING with a horse. One move form a horse and we could be dead. WHY should trick training be any different? And BEFORE you answer "Well,its jsut not right,it goes against the nature of the horse," etc. think about other disciplines. Naturally, a horse wouldnt run barrels, pick up his feet to gait, or naturally do dressage movements(uper level,sidepassing,leg yielding etc.).[/quote]
Agreed, Well Said.

Post #2019097
Posted 8/25/2014 4:53:59 PM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: 6/4/2017 7:21:18 PM
Yeah horses are dangerous, so its VERY intelligent to train them to do a """trick""" for rewards, a new way they can kill us
Smart

..::Emma and Red::..

I don't really miss God but I sure miss Santa Claus

Post #2019098
Posted 8/25/2014 5:40:50 PM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 9/11/2016 12:40:40 PM
I believe Emma has joined the camel AND sassy squad.

sara and jetson

Post #2019105
Posted 10/26/2014 6:36:05 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 10/28/2014 3:52:16 PM
Aside from the rearing - because I have no clue how to teach a horse to rear, lol
Maybe try asking your parents to take some jumping lessons, or if you're able to pay for them yourself then set them up. Also, if your parents haven't seen you jump, then ask them to watch you/watch a video so that they can see that both you and your horse are capable.

--Jasmine

"My horse's feet are as swift as rolling thunder,
she carries me away from all my fears,
and when the world threatens to fall asunder,
her mane is there to wipe away my tears."
I love you Twinkle!!!
(Banner/Picture to come)
Post #2026363
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Animal Network Admin, yrboss, YRmod, Community Moderator

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:49am

HOME | MAGAZINE | FIND A HORSE | SHOPPING | RESOURCES | CONTACT US | ADVERTISE

shopanimalnetwork.com | Dog Fancy | Cat Fancy | Horse Illustrated | Reptiles | Remember Our Pets
Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc. Animal Network
nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+
Copyright ©  BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use * Guidelines for Participation