Young Rider.com
Rules-Read First     Home          Members     Calendar     Who's On

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

The Young Rider Forums are open to subscribers of Young Rider magazine ONLY. In order to register, you must have your Account Number. Please note that it takes 1-2 weeks for your subscription to be processed and your account to be activated.

Home » Young Rider Forum » Horse Problems/Training Questions » Trailer Problem....Good Idea Or not? Also...

Trailer Problem....Good Idea Or not? Also... Expand / Collapse
Author

Average Member

Average MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 7/12/2015 7:45:56 AM
ok,so i figured out lucy's reason for not wanting to go in the trailer. All the times we've tried,the door has been facing the pasture and her pasture mates(if that makes sense). I was thinking of turning the trailer around and putting it halfway in the pasture so the only way to get to the pasture and her "boyfriend" would be to go in the trailer.

Ok now this leads to another problem. We have a side door on our trailer. our so called farrier told us never to open it but i was going to do that to get her in the pasture? also i dont understand that,as if we were on the road and had 3 horses int he trailer,how would i check on them without opening the big trailer door? Is it ok for me to open the side door? i do have a stall guard there and i wont do it all the time.

Also i guess i need an answer to this too.
Our Farrier. Sonny has soft feet,and he needs shoes/boots to be ridden. Now our vet told us to do this otherwise he'd get hoof abscess's which he already had 2 this summer. our farrier never told us he had soft feet. he told us he was getting abcess's from how his feet were cut,and that was why he was limping most of the time.I dont trust him. He also told us to hit our horses when they spook and pull back...with a stick. I was thinking about getting another farrier,i just dont trust him or his judgement. idk how to tell my parents,im afraid of getting yelled at,or told no. but should i ask for another farrier? i just dont trust him...

They

Are

Not

You.
Post #2017156
Posted 8/2/2014 12:27:27 PM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 11/10/2016 2:39:20 PM
You want to lead your horse through the side door to get it into the pasture?

-Hannah

juliette

Post #2017160
Posted 8/2/2014 12:36:59 PM

Average Member

Average MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage Member

[quote]#HereWeGo (8/2/2014)
You want to lead your horse through the side door to get it into the pasture?

-Hannah[/quote]
yup.

They

Are

Not

You.
Post #2017161
Posted 8/2/2014 2:14:16 PM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: 11/26/2015 9:55:59 AM
Okay, so first of all, no horse deserves to be hit with a stick. A crop perhaps when they're being naughty, but I plan to never use a crop. It just doesn't seem right. A horse shouldn't be hit when they pull back or spook… they're just scared. Maybe don't listen to your farrier, or talk to your parents calmly about the matter. Tell them how you feel. I really don't know about the trailer, but I hope this helps.

Only those who risk going too far, can possibly find, how far they can go.
Post #2017168
Posted 8/2/2014 3:32:19 PM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 11/10/2016 2:39:20 PM
love the fray (8/2/2014)
#HereWeGo (8/2/2014)
You want to lead your horse through the side door to get it into the pasture? -Hannah
yup.

Never try to walk a horse through a side door...they're specifically made so that horses can't get through them and I know more than one horse that's had to be put down because it tried to climb out the side door and got itself stuck.

-Hannah

juliette

Post #2017179
Posted 8/3/2014 6:59:51 AM

Average Member

#HereWeGo (8/2/2014)
love the fray (8/2/2014)
[quote]#HereWeGo (8/2/2014)
You want to lead your horse through the side door to get it into the pasture? -Hannah
yup.

Never try to walk a horse through a side door...they're specifically made so that horses can't get through them and I know more than one horse that's had to be put down because it tried to climb out the side door and got itself stuck.

-Hannah[/quote]
ok thanks.

They

Are

Not

You.
Post #2017193
Posted 8/3/2014 6:02:46 PM

Advanced Member

Last Login: 6/16/2015 3:10:40 PM
Cricket2 (8/2/2014)
Okay, so first of all, no horse deserves to be hit with a stick. A crop perhaps when they're being naughty, but I plan to never use a crop. It just doesn't seem right. A horse shouldn't be hit when they pull back or spook… they're just scared. Maybe don't listen to your farrier, or talk to your parents calmly about the matter. Tell them how you feel. I really don't know about the trailer, but I hope this helps.

Aren't you the one who just posted about a horse who wouldn't move forward? Might want to reconsider crops.

-Ashley-

Post #2017223
Posted 8/5/2014 2:05:22 PM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

RideEveryStride (8/3/2014)
[quote]Cricket2 (8/2/2014)

Aren't you the one who just posted about a horse who wouldn't move forward? Might want to reconsider crops.[/quote]

Yes, I did just post about that, but like baylee palomino said, Dixie just might be in heat. ;)

Post #2017383
Posted 8/5/2014 2:10:05 PM

Last Login: 11/10/2015 5:32:48 PM
Cricket2 (8/5/2014)
[quote]RideEveryStride (8/3/2014)

Aren't you the one who just posted about a horse who wouldn't move forward? Might want to reconsider crops.[/quote]

Yes, I did just post about that, but like baylee palomino said, Dixie just might be in heat. ;)[/quote]
I have to use a crop on my mare when she is in heat. When she isn't in heat, she hates the crop but it's a godsend for her mareish days

Though she be but little, she is fierce

banner by Susan

Post #2017384
Posted 8/5/2014 2:16:41 PM

bayleepalomino (8/5/2014)
[quote]Cricket2 (8/5/2014)

Yes, I did just post about that, but like baylee palomino said, Dixie just might be in heat. ;)[/quote]
I have to use a crop on my mare when she is in heat. When she isn't in heat, she hates the crop but it's a godsend for her mareish days[/quote]

Lol I see what you mean, but I just feel scared to use a crop. I just never want to do it. Do you understand that?

Post #2017386
Posted 8/5/2014 2:37:38 PM

Last Login: 11/10/2015 5:32:48 PM
Cricket2 (8/5/2014)
[quote]bayleepalomino (8/5/2014)

I have to use a crop on my mare when she is in heat. When she isn't in heat, she hates the crop but it's a godsend for her mareish days[/quote]

Lol I see what you mean, but I just feel scared to use a crop. I just never want to do it. Do you understand that?[/quote]
Yeah I used to be like that too. You just have to remind yourself that it really doesn't hurt the horse it mainly just makes a sound. It's like telling the horse "hey I'm still here so you need to listen up"

Though she be but little, she is fierce

banner by Susan

Post #2017387
Posted 8/5/2014 4:35:47 PM

bayleepalomino (8/5/2014)
[quote]bayleepalomino (8/5/2014)

Lol I see what you mean, but I just feel scared to use a crop. I just never want to do it. Do you understand that?[/quote]
Yeah I used to be like that too. You just have to remind yourself that it really doesn't hurt the horse it mainly just makes a sound. It's like telling the horse "hey I'm still here so you need to listen up"[/quote] That is true.

Post #2017395
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Animal Network Admin, yrboss, YRmod, Community Moderator

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 11:44am

HOME | MAGAZINE | FIND A HORSE | SHOPPING | RESOURCES | CONTACT US | ADVERTISE

shopanimalnetwork.com | Dog Fancy | Cat Fancy | Horse Illustrated | Reptiles | Remember Our Pets
Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc. Animal Network
nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+
Copyright ©  BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use * Guidelines for Participation