Young Rider.com
Rules-Read First     Home          Members     Calendar     Who's On

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

The Young Rider Forums are open to subscribers of Young Rider magazine ONLY. In order to register, you must have your Account Number. Please note that it takes 1-2 weeks for your subscription to be processed and your account to be activated.

Home » Young Rider Forum » English Riding » Easy Homemade XC Jumps....

Easy Homemade XC Jumps.... Expand / Collapse
Author

Average Member

Average MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 7/12/2015 7:45:56 AM
ok,so what are some easy XC jumps i can make? dad wont make me jump standards so yea....pretty limited to what i can make....

They

Are

Not

You.
Post #2016859
Posted 7/27/2014 2:53:49 PM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: 11/10/2015 5:32:48 PM
A log, brush, tarp, a LOW stone wall (like 6 inches. might not be good if your horse isn't a good jumper. You don't want your horse to hit it by accident)

Though she be but little, she is fierce

banner by Susan

Post #2016860
Posted 7/27/2014 3:11:41 PM

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 6/16/2015 3:10:40 PM
You can use buckets and other things like that as your standards. You should probably steer clear of jumping solid obstacles such as logs and stone walls if either you or your horse are new to jumping.

edit- I just realized you want XC jumps, sorry! but it will be safest and easiest for you to jump regular jumps (as in jumps that will fall if you knock them) with scary fillers rather than jumping solid obstacles. Especially if you are at home without a trainer. For fillers you can use buckets, saddle pads over your pole, and maybe some brush from a tree or something.

-Ashley-

Post #2016861
Posted 7/27/2014 4:05:17 PM

Average Member

Average MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage Member

[quote]RideEveryStride (7/27/2014)
You can use buckets and other things like that as your standards. You should probably steer clear of jumping solid obstacles such as logs and stone walls if either you or your horse are new to jumping.

edit- I just realized you want XC jumps, sorry! but it will be safest and easiest for you to jump regular jumps (as in jumps that will fall if you knock them) with scary fillers rather than jumping solid obstacles. Especially if you are at home without a trainer. For fillers you can use buckets, saddle pads over your pole, and maybe some brush from a tree or something.[/quote]

Ive done that for 2 years lol. so yea,im looking for somewhat solid jumps? me and luc are getting really bored with "regular jumps"

They

Are

Not

You.
Post #2016863
Posted 7/27/2014 5:56:21 PM

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 6/16/2015 3:10:40 PM
[quote]love the fray (7/27/2014)

edit- I just realized you want XC jumps, sorry! but it will be safest and easiest for you to jump regular jumps (as in jumps that will fall if you knock them) with scary fillers rather than jumping solid obstacles. Especially if you are at home without a trainer. For fillers you can use buckets, saddle pads over your pole, and maybe some brush from a tree or something.[/quote]

Ive done that for 2 years lol. so yea,im looking for somewhat solid jumps? me and luc are getting really bored with "regular jumps"[/quote]

You can try jumping barrels or logs, but do you have a trainer? It would be best for a trainer that is familiar with you and your horses abilities to suggest things that would be safe for you to jump.

Or you could post some pictures of you and your horse jumping so we can get a better idea of what you guys need. :)

-Ashley-

Post #2016866
Posted 7/27/2014 6:58:50 PM

Average Member

[quote]love the fray (7/27/2014)

Ive done that for 2 years lol. so yea,im looking for somewhat solid jumps? me and luc are getting really bored with "regular jumps"[/quote]

You can try jumping barrels or logs, but do you have a trainer? It would be best for a trainer that is familiar with you and your horses abilities to suggest things that would be safe for you to jump.

Or you could post some pictures of you and your horse jumping so we can get a better idea of what you guys need. :)[/quote]

I do have a trainer,and we jump here and there,but he's never seen lucy or seen summit jump....we focus mainly on flat....but i know lucy's jumping abilities,and im looking for jumps no higher then 2ft...she can do 4ft lol

and sure,give me a few days and i'll have them up....by like saturday or sunday xD

They

Are

Not

You.
Post #2016867
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Animal Network Admin, yrboss, YRmod, Community Moderator

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:16am

HOME | MAGAZINE | FIND A HORSE | SHOPPING | RESOURCES | CONTACT US | ADVERTISE

shopanimalnetwork.com | Dog Fancy | Cat Fancy | Horse Illustrated | Reptiles | Remember Our Pets
Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc. Animal Network
nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+
Copyright ©  BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use * Guidelines for Participation