Young Rider.com
Rules-Read First     Home          Members     Calendar     Who's On

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

The Young Rider Forums are open to subscribers of Young Rider magazine ONLY. In order to register, you must have your Account Number. Please note that it takes 1-2 weeks for your subscription to be processed and your account to be activated.

Home » Young Rider Forum » Check Out My Equine Art » Photography

Photography Expand / Collapse
Author

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 8/7/2016 1:02:38 PM
This is one of me and my little bro Aaron :)

i took this one last summer at the C&O canal

took this yesterday at my older younger bro's bball game

my grandma's road

all the rest are from the bball game

aaron :)

aaron again lol

jake waiting to bat

post more later! Please tell me what you think!

Ellie & Magic

Loyal Warrior

1/7/15 <3

Post #2010823
Posted 5/31/2014 8:34:42 AM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Hey guys I'm going to be posting alot of pics around the 6th or 7th. Lol oh and please tell me what you think of the ones I have up already thanks!!

Ellie & Magic

Loyal Warrior

1/7/15 <3

Post #2010891
Posted 6/5/2014 9:40:54 AM

Average Member

Average MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage Member

Last Login: 10/24/2016 9:56:54 AM
Photography: the art or practice of taking and processing photographs.
Snapshot: an informal photograph taken quickly, typically with a small handheld camera.

I dont want to come across as harsh, but what you have here is snapshots - not photography. The first issue is the quality of the photos. All the ones you posted are really grainy, blurry, and look like they were taken with a cell phone. If you really want to take a crack at photography, I suggest you invest in some sort of camera. It doesnt even need to be an expensive camera - just one that can take descent quality photos.

Next, you really need to work on composition. A "selfy" like the first photo *really* is not a type of photography. Any time you intend to take a photo of yourself or of another person, composition is everything. You need to consider lighting, spacing, focus, background, clothing choice, and so many other things, I could go on and on.

The picture of the driveway actually wouldnt be so bad, if you kept in mind the rule of thirds and the rule of lines. Any line in any photo should be used to bring the viewer's eye to a certain part, be it from one corner to another or an endless line into space. This has neither and is not cropped or placed in an effective manner.

I think that is sufficient to give you a good idea of where to go. If you would like more, just ask. Again, I dont mean to sound harsh - I just want to see you take a turn towards having success with photography if it is something you are enjoying up to this point.

. : We've always been told what we couldn't do, but we defied them all : .

Post #2011517
Posted 6/5/2014 9:49:41 AM

Okay thanks! I'm in the process of getting a new camera although I'm not sure what you mean by thirds though.

Ellie & Magic

Loyal Warrior

1/7/15 <3

Post #2011518
Posted 6/5/2014 9:53:00 AM

Also I'm taking a course next year at the public school , right now I'm just enjoying capturing memories

Ellie & Magic

Loyal Warrior

1/7/15 <3

Post #2011519
Posted 6/5/2014 9:50:50 PM

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 9/17/2016 7:08:02 PM
If they make you happy then that's all good, but like as was said above these are just snapshots, like ones that are probably done with a point and shoot. Classes to photograph are helpful, and upgrading to nicer cameras is also something that will help as well. If you have any photography questions I'd be happy to help; my sister is a semi-pro photographer and she takes all my photos for me.

He's clueing for looks.

Thanks for the banner Abra!
/superwholock\

Post #2011605
Posted 6/5/2014 9:52:12 PM

okay thanks!!! Any chance you can explain thirds to me?

Ellie & Magic

Loyal Warrior

1/7/15 <3

Post #2011606
Posted 6/5/2014 9:55:58 PM

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 9/17/2016 7:08:02 PM
redrobin00 (6/5/2014)
okay thanks!!! Any chance you can explain thirds to me?

I'm definitely not the best for explaining that but here is a link that can.
http://digital-photography-school.com/rule-of-thirds/

also just googling it can help as well!

He's clueing for looks.

Thanks for the banner Abra!
/superwholock\

Post #2011610
Posted 6/6/2014 8:22:44 AM

Lol thanks I really appreciate it!!!!!!

Ellie & Magic

Loyal Warrior

1/7/15 <3

Post #2011630
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, yrboss, YRmod, Community Moderator

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:26am

HOME | MAGAZINE | FIND A HORSE | SHOPPING | RESOURCES | CONTACT US | ADVERTISE

shopanimalnetwork.com | Dog Fancy | Cat Fancy | Horse Illustrated | Reptiles | Remember Our Pets
Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc. Animal Network
nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+
Copyright ©  BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use * Guidelines for Participation