Young Rider.com
Rules-Read First     Home          Members     Calendar     Who's On

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

The Young Rider Forums are open to subscribers of Young Rider magazine ONLY. In order to register, you must have your Account Number. Please note that it takes 1-2 weeks for your subscription to be processed and your account to be activated.

Home » Young Rider Forum » English Riding » Pleasure Classes

Pleasure Classes Expand / Collapse
Author

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 3/8/2016 9:02:37 PM
I'm taking Albert to our very first show (!!!! omg) and I entered him in open walk/trot pleasure because he's not 100% with his leads yet but I have literally never done a pleasure class. So what do they look for? Like should he be fairly forward or slower? Also, how do they judge horse to rider like is it 75% horse and 25% rider or what?

thanksss

Sam and Albert

12-31-10 . 3-23-12 . Banner by Abra

Personal Photography Writing

Post #2006191
Posted 4/21/2014 5:26:06 PM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 9/11/2016 12:40:40 PM
It all depends on the show and it's rating. They usually ask for a regular posting trot, but may ask for a sitting or extended trot, ad possible turn on the forehand or haunches. Maintain decent EQ, but the judge wants to see more of you working with your horse and having a good time. Try to keep the pace normal, and a tad less tense.

EDIT: I think it's both horse and rider that they look at. I don't know the percentage, depending on the judge, they may like to pick out certain things like speed or posts to nitpick and let other things like headset slide. You just want to remained relaxed and be one with the horse, in essence.

sara and jetson

Post #2006227
Posted 4/23/2014 5:40:12 AM

Advanced Member

Last Login: 3/8/2016 9:02:37 PM
Thank you!

Sam and Albert

12-31-10 . 3-23-12 . Banner by Abra

Personal Photography Writing

Post #2006341
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Animal Network Admin, yrboss, YRmod, Community Moderator

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:34am

HOME | MAGAZINE | FIND A HORSE | SHOPPING | RESOURCES | CONTACT US | ADVERTISE

shopanimalnetwork.com | Dog Fancy | Cat Fancy | Horse Illustrated | Reptiles | Remember Our Pets
Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc. Animal Network
nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+
Copyright ©  BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use * Guidelines for Participation