Young Rider.com
Rules-Read First     Home          Members     Calendar     Who's On

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

The Young Rider Forums are open to subscribers of Young Rider magazine ONLY. In order to register, you must have your Account Number. Please note that it takes 1-2 weeks for your subscription to be processed and your account to be activated.

Home » Young Rider Forum » English Riding » All purpose vs Jumping saddles

All purpose vs Jumping saddles Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 4/15/2014 6:31:45 AM
I've heard a lot of people say they prefer jumping saddles over all purpose saddles. They say that they work better for flat work. What do you all prefer?

Post #1986931
Posted 12/1/2013 3:20:22 PM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: Today @ 9:41:32 AM
Close contact saddles.
-often higher quality (after a certain price point of course) since no one with money really wants an AP saddle
-usually balanced better
-better for jumping
-IMO better for flatwork as well but I've never ridden in a dressage saddle so I'm not a huge fan of a deep seat/straighter leg anyway

Some of the mid-range brands (Crosby, Stubben, etc) made/make decent AP saddles that aren't crap. Typically though, only lower-end brands make them and that's for a reason.

-Hannah

---

i said i wish you could see the ocean

he said i wish you could see hope

i said have you ever seen the mountains?

he said no, but my faith could move those

Post #1986933
Posted 12/2/2013 8:57:19 AM

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:06:51 PM
#HereWeGo (12/1/2013)
-often higher quality (after a certain price point of course) since no one with money really wants an AP saddle
Depends, its only in the last 15 or so years that all purpose saddles became equal to satan in the eyes of many. There are quite a few 'nice' brand ones, you simply don't see them because their owners refuse to part with them xD. That said, I for one am not personally a fan, but being barely 5'2 i find i seldom fit into them well.

-----------

the night hath been to me a more familiar face than that of man; and in her starry shade of dim and solitary loveliness i learned the language of another world.
There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything.
.holding my rebel banner up with pride.
Post #1987007
Posted 12/6/2013 8:30:37 AM
Starting Member

Starting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting Member

Last Login: 12/21/2013 7:25:21 PM
Jumping Saddle all the way! Jumping saddles are great for lower level eventing (dressage, stadium, cross country). I find all purpose saddles a little tacky ): Plus many hunter jumper and flat class judges discriminate if you use anall purpose ):

~Carpe Diem.
Post #1987655
Posted 12/6/2013 3:48:41 PM
Advanced Member

Last Login: Today @ 9:41:32 AM
sophiegracebrown (12/6/2013)
Plus many hunter jumper and flat class judges discriminate if you use anall purpose ):

omg stop. Just stop.

-Hannah

---

i said i wish you could see the ocean

he said i wish you could see hope

i said have you ever seen the mountains?

he said no, but my faith could move those

Post #1987723
Posted 12/23/2013 1:22:43 PM

Advanced Member

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:06:51 PM
anall purpose ):
ik i have sense of humor of a 10 year old boy but i just laughed really, really hard >.>

-----------

the night hath been to me a more familiar face than that of man; and in her starry shade of dim and solitary loveliness i learned the language of another world.
There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything.
.holding my rebel banner up with pride.
Post #1990330
Posted 12/23/2013 1:56:53 PM
Advanced Member

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:45:35 PM
mephistopheles (12/23/2013)
anall purpose ):
ik i have sense of humor of a 10 year old boy but i just laughed really, really hard >.>

Same. That's going on the 'Precious Moments of YR' list.

Post #1990337
Posted 1/11/2014 5:19:42 PM

Starting Member

Starting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting Member

Last Login: 2/26/2014 2:25:00 PM
anall purpose ):

I did too...hahaha XD

“∂σ уσυ gινє тнє нσяѕє ιтѕ ѕтяєηgтн σя ¢ℓσтнє ιтѕ ηє¢к ωιтн α ƒℓσωιηg мαηє? ∂σ уσυ мαкє ιт ℓєαρ ℓιкє α ℓσ¢υѕт, ѕтяιкιηg тєяяσя ωιтн ιтѕ ρяσυ∂ ѕησятιηg? ιт ραωѕ ƒιєя¢єℓу, яєנσι¢ιηg ιη ιтѕ ѕтяєηgтн, αη∂ ¢нαяgєѕ ιηтσ тнє ƒяαу. ιт ℓαυgнѕ αт ƒєαя, αƒяαι∂ σƒ ησтнιηg;нє ∂σєѕ ησт ѕну αωαу ƒяσм тнє ѕωσя∂."
נσв 39:19-22

Post #1993645
Posted 1/13/2014 5:13:19 PM

Starting Member

Last Login: 1/17/2014 4:19:57 PM
Close contact jumper saddle definitely.

Post #1993847
Posted 1/13/2014 5:20:23 PM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:40:41 AM
EquestriansRule4400 (1/11/2014)
[quote]sophiegracebrown (12/6/2013)
anall purpose ):

I did too...hahaha XD[/quote]
Same here lol

Sonny|Brianna|Princeton

-Banner By Michaela-

Hello world Hope you're listenin' Forgive me if I'm young For speaking out of turn There's someone I've been missing And I think that they could be The better half of me They're in their wrong place trying to make it right But I'm tired of justifying So I say to you Come home Come home

Post #1993848
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Animal Network Admin, yrboss, YRmod, Community Moderator

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 10:07am

HOME | MAGAZINE | FIND A HORSE | SHOPPING | RESOURCES | CONTACT US | ADVERTISE

shopanimalnetwork.com | Dog Fancy | Cat Fancy | Horse Illustrated | Reptiles | Remember Our Pets
Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc. Animal Network
nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+
Copyright ©  BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use * Guidelines for Participation