Young Rider.com
Rules-Read First     Home          Members     Calendar     Who's On

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

The Young Rider Forums are open to subscribers of Young Rider magazine ONLY. In order to register, you must have your Account Number. Please note that it takes 1-2 weeks for your subscription to be processed and your account to be activated.

Home » Young Rider Forum » Health, Grooming and Tack » Whippy saddle advice/knowledge?

Whippy saddle advice/knowledge? Expand / Collapse
Author

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 10/27/2014 7:53:50 PM
So I found a Whippy. I thought it was a Collegiate at first glace, but I read the little button on the pommel and it said 'Whippy'. It's used. It's at my local tack shop in the consignment area. It's in VERY good condition. I checked all the billets, looked at most of the stitching, leather is nice and isn't cracked; just some water spots on the seat from little drops of water, but I'll have no problem with that. Doesn't have any knee rolls or blocks. I totally forgot the price. It's somewhere between $250-$350. It has the correct tree size, and right seat size for me. Pretty much it's like perfect.

So to get to the point, does anyone know any major problems with the brand, or really good benefits/reviews/satisfaction from it? Cosmetically, It's perfect so you all shouldn't need a bunch of pictures. I just have one. But, I just want to make sure I don't make a mistake.  The Whippy was the best used saddle there. Everything else looked like it had been through wars.

Here it is: (Sorry that it's kinda dark...?)

Kylie

"Whatever he's done for me in the arena,
it was to keep me alive."

Post #1515253
Posted 11/24/2010 7:11:55 PM

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: Today @ 5:36:08 PM
I know they made side saddles at one point, but thats all I can think of offhand.

-----------

the night hath been to me a more familiar face than that of man; and in her starry shade of dim and solitary loveliness i learned the language of another world.
the sun shining down on these green fields of France, the warm wind blows gently and the red poppies dance
the trenches have vanished long under the plow, no gas, no barbed wire, no guns firing now
but here in this graveyard that's still no mans land, the countless white crosses in mute witness stand
to man's blind indifference to his fellow man, and a whole generation were butchered and damned
.holding my rebel banner up with pride.
Post #1515295
Posted 11/24/2010 7:18:45 PM
Advanced Member

Last Login: 10/11/2013 2:31:58 PM
I've heard of them, don't know a thing about them though.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&expIds=17259,24279,27758&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=whippy+saddles&cp=13&qe=d2hpcHB5IHNhZGRsZXM&qesig=gO0vA7sE8lqfJgnC13x0Bw&pkc=AFgZ2tkcHd7eFTM8jQFI5fD33ThjUKjwvWxWsVBpmoJipfbDU-qzQfxWtMPP_rsi9FIYn53MLQOAtw8Y_ydDs7X-eM-SlXFfmA&pf=p&sclient=psy&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=34b91cc4462aa6c1

-

Post #1515308
Posted 11/24/2010 7:26:27 PM

Advanced Member

Thanks for the link:)

Reviews said they're good quality and oldschool...

That's kinda promising haha

Kylie

Post #1515321
Posted 11/24/2010 7:52:21 PM

Advanced Member

LittleBlackMustang (11/24/2010)
Thanks for the link:) Reviews said they're good quality and oldschool... That's kinda promising haha
Well their sidesaddles have certainly withstood the test of time. Quite a few of them are over a century old and still useable.

-----------

the night hath been to me a more familiar face than that of man; and in her starry shade of dim and solitary loveliness i learned the language of another world.
the sun shining down on these green fields of France, the warm wind blows gently and the red poppies dance
the trenches have vanished long under the plow, no gas, no barbed wire, no guns firing now
but here in this graveyard that's still no mans land, the countless white crosses in mute witness stand
to man's blind indifference to his fellow man, and a whole generation were butchered and damned
Post #1515369
Posted 11/24/2010 7:55:40 PM

Advanced Member

laoghaire (11/24/2010)
Thanks for the link:) Reviews said they're good quality and oldschool... That's kinda promising haha
Well their sidesaddles have certainly withstood the test of time. Quite a few of them are over a century old and still useable.

O.O That's INSANE.

They've probably lasted that long since Nee's been taking care of them. ;) haha

Kylie

Post #1515374
Posted 11/24/2010 7:57:48 PM

Advanced Member

laoghaire (11/24/2010)
O.O That's INSANE. They've probably lasted that long since Nee's been taking care of them. ;) haha
I wish, I've been trying to get my hands on one since I was about 7 >.>

-----------

Post #1515379
Posted 11/24/2010 7:59:24 PM

Advanced Member

laoghaire (11/24/2010)
laoghaire (11/24/2010)
O.O That's INSANE. They've probably lasted that long since Nee's been taking care of them. ;) haha

Haha, just don't steal mine if I get it. ;)

Kylie

Post #1515384
Posted 11/24/2010 8:03:51 PM

Advanced Member

laoghaire (11/24/2010)
laoghaire (11/24/2010)
Fear not, its a sidesaddle I'm after! =P

-----------

Post #1515389
Posted 11/24/2010 8:06:47 PM

Advanced Member

laoghaire (11/24/2010)
laoghaire (11/24/2010)
laoghaire (11/24/2010)

Dang, I'd die If I rode in one of those.

Kylie

Post #1515394
Posted 11/24/2010 8:08:33 PM

Advanced Member

laoghaire (11/24/2010)
laoghaire (11/24/2010)
laoghaire (11/24/2010)
I want one so bad. I've ridden sidesaddle in my dressage saddle on ze countess, but its not the real deal =O.

-----------

Post #1515397
Posted 11/24/2010 8:13:42 PM

Advanced Member

laoghaire (11/24/2010)
laoghaire (11/24/2010)
laoghaire (11/24/2010)
laoghaire (11/24/2010)
I want one so bad. I've ridden sidesaddle in my dressage saddle on ze countess, but its not the real deal =O.

I have your whole life panned out:

1.) Buy a Whippy.

2.) Ride sidesaddle.

3.) Start jumping sidesaddle.

4.) Nee wins the Puissance sidesaddle jump off. ;)

5.) Nee becomes best side saddle rider everrrr.

6.) Kylie becomes jealous of Nee and stabs her.

p.s. Kylie steals Whippy after stabbing Nee.

7.) THE END. :)

I'm a stalker. :DDDDDDDD

Kylie

Post #1515404
Posted 11/25/2010 6:38:42 AM

Advanced Member

laoghaire (11/24/2010)
laoghaire (11/24/2010)
laoghaire (11/24/2010)
laoghaire (11/24/2010)
I have your whole life panned out: 1.) Buy a Whippy.2.) Ride sidesaddle.3.) Start jumping sidesaddle.4.) Nee wins the Puissance sidesaddle jump off. ;)5.) Nee becomes best side saddle rider everrrr.6.) Kylie becomes jealous of Nee and stabs her.p.s. Kylie steals Whippy after stabbing Nee.7.) THE END. :)I'm a stalker. :DDDDDDDD
Nee strangles Kylie before this all comes about

/thread

-----------

Post #1515499
Posted 11/25/2010 8:41:38 AM

Advanced Member

laoghaire (11/25/2010)
laoghaire (11/24/2010)
laoghaire (11/24/2010)
laoghaire (11/24/2010)
laoghaire (11/24/2010)
I have your whole life panned out: 1.) Buy a Whippy.2.) Ride sidesaddle.3.) Start jumping sidesaddle.4.) Nee wins the Puissance sidesaddle jump off. ;)5.) Nee becomes best side saddle rider everrrr.6.) Kylie becomes jealous of Nee and stabs her.p.s. Kylie steals Whippy after stabbing Nee.7.) THE END. :)I'm a stalker. :DDDDDDDD
Nee strangles Kylie before this all comes about

/thread

Awh, you ruined my plans. :/

Kylie

Post #1515641
Posted 11/25/2010 4:15:34 PM

Advanced Member

LittleBlackMustang (11/25/2010)
Awh, you ruined my plans. :/
Too bad.

-----------

Post #1515892
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Animal Network Admin, yrboss, YRmod, Community Moderator

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 6:05pm

HOME | MAGAZINE | FIND A HORSE | SHOPPING | RESOURCES | CONTACT US | ADVERTISE

shopanimalnetwork.com | Dog Fancy | Cat Fancy | Horse Illustrated | Reptiles | Remember Our Pets
Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc. Animal Network
nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+
Copyright ©  BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use * Guidelines for Participation