Young Rider.com
Rules-Read First     Home          Members     Calendar     Who's On

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

The Young Rider Forums are open to subscribers of Young Rider magazine ONLY. In order to register, you must have your Account Number. Please note that it takes 1-2 weeks for your subscription to be processed and your account to be activated.

Home » Young Rider Forum » Introductions » Don't post Identifiable/Personal information

123»»»

Don't post Identifiable/Personal information Expand / Collapse
Author
Community Moderator

Community ModeratorCommunity ModeratorCommunity ModeratorCommunity ModeratorCommunity ModeratorCommunity ModeratorCommunity ModeratorCommunity Moderator

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 10/13/2015 3:26:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

When you're posting your introductory post please keep our Forum Rule #5 in mind:

5. Don't share personally identifiable information.
To protect your privacy and to ensure your online safety, we ask that you do not post personally identifiable information. This includes phone numbers, address, instant messaging screen names (AOL, ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, etc,) or web address leading to such information. Further, we ask that you do not share someone else's personally identifiable information.

*This includes being smart and not posting your age!*

We want to keep everyone's information safe and private.

- YR Community Moderator -

Are you on Facebook? Young Rider is! Become a fan and get monthly updates about what’s new and upcoming in the magazine. Be a Fan at www.facebook.com/youngrider

Post #1407294
Posted 6/21/2010 5:01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 9/9/2012 6:40:41 PM
Just a little thing that popped into my mind, but why put spaces for your IM screenames in our profile/posts? xP

---
death leaves a heartache nothing can heal,
love leaves a memory nobody can steal.
September 1989 - May 20, 2011.
R.I.P. Opie

Post #1407324
Posted 6/21/2010 5:09:23 PM

Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 11/9/2012 12:44:41 PM
Theorem (6/21/2010)
Just a little thing that popped into my mind, but why put spaces for your IM screenames in our profile/posts? xP

I wondered the same thing. :P Also, don't give out other people your friends screen names. Instead tell your friend that so-and-so asked for it, so that you don't get creepy people IM'ing you :|

- - -
Hannah

Coquette - "Mercedes"
Cloud 9 - "Cloud"
Caught In The Act - "Dallas"
Post #1407333
Posted 6/21/2010 5:11:54 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Login: 9/3/2012 10:25:27 PM
So wait I just read in Monday Chat thats YR is now not only open to members but other people too!?

.:Emily:.

"Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's some Scripture, so get Baptized maybe."
"I wouldn't want to be with anybody else."
"He loves us, oh how he loves us."
"I'm dying!---Not on the table!"

Thanks Lisa!
Grand Prix Eventing: Ill Get There Soon!

Post #1407337
Posted 6/21/2010 5:12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Last Login: 9/9/2012 6:40:41 PM
{defenestrated} (6/21/2010)
Theorem (6/21/2010)

I wondered the same thing. :P Also, don't give out other people your friends screen names. Instead tell your friend that so-and-so asked for it, so that you don't get creepy people IM'ing you :|

Someone's list coulda been public, or she got it off the topic? Still kinda creeperish to just AIM someone out of the blue. xD

---
death leaves a heartache nothing can heal,
love leaves a memory nobody can steal.
September 1989 - May 20, 2011.
R.I.P. Opie

Post #1407338
Posted 6/21/2010 5:15:04 PM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: 5/12/2011 3:20:23 PM
Hunter/Jumper13 (6/21/2010)
So wait I just read in Monday Chat thats YR is now not only open to members but other people too!?

That's nothing new. Only members can post, but anyone can look at the forums.

leah

"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Amazing banner by Bree!

Post #1407342
Posted 6/21/2010 5:22:15 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Login: 9/3/2012 10:25:27 PM
TheEquestrianStar (6/21/2010)
Hunter/Jumper13 (6/21/2010)

That's nothing new. Only members can post, but anyone can look at the forums.

Oh ok sorry i thought those people could post now. My bad.

.:Emily:.

"Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's some Scripture, so get Baptized maybe."
"I wouldn't want to be with anybody else."
"He loves us, oh how he loves us."
"I'm dying!---Not on the table!"

Thanks Lisa!
Grand Prix Eventing: Ill Get There Soon!

Post #1407353
Posted 6/21/2010 5:25:41 PM
Community Moderator

Community ModeratorCommunity ModeratorCommunity ModeratorCommunity ModeratorCommunity ModeratorCommunity ModeratorCommunity ModeratorCommunity Moderator

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 10/13/2015 3:26:45 PM
The fields for screen names and such are a part of the so***are. We've been able to limit some things and we're still working on cracking others. But for the most part we try to do the honor "be smart and don't post it" system.

As for the other question, TheEquestrianStar is correct. Only members can post but everyone can view thus. Thus, why some members take the lazy route of just checking new posts instead of logging in.

- YR Community Moderator -

Are you on Facebook? Young Rider is! Become a fan and get monthly updates about what’s new and upcoming in the magazine. Be a Fan at www.facebook.com/youngrider

Post #1407357
Posted 6/26/2010 4:22:04 PM

Advanced Member

Last Login: 5/7/2011 11:19:23 AM
Community Moderator (6/21/2010)
The fields for screen names and such are a part of the so***are. We've been able to limit some things and we're still working on cracking others. But for the most part we try to do the honor "be smart and don't post it" system.

As for the other question, TheEquestrianStar is correct. Only members can post but everyone can view thus. Thus, why some members take the lazy route of just checking new posts instead of logging in.

LOL.
Irony.

---

ϟ

.:The Magic Will Never End:.

Post #1411607
Posted 6/26/2010 4:51:30 PM

Advanced Member

Last Login: 5/20/2013 10:29:57 PM
[quote]Posh?Pony (6/26/2010)
[quote]Community Moderator (6/21/2010)

As for the other question, TheEquestrianStar is correct. Only members can post but everyone can view thus. Thus, why some members take the lazy route of just checking new posts instead of logging in.[/quote]
LOL.
Irony.[/quote]

lmfao.

Lisa - Katie - Erin - Olivia
BJ - Secret - Jimmy - Riley

Post #1411627
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

123»»»

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 2 (2 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, yrboss, YRmod, Community Moderator

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:40am

HOME | MAGAZINE | FIND A HORSE | SHOPPING | RESOURCES | CONTACT US | ADVERTISE

shopanimalnetwork.com | Dog Fancy | Cat Fancy | Horse Illustrated | Reptiles | Remember Our Pets
Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc. Animal Network
nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+
Copyright ©  BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use * Guidelines for Participation