Young Rider.com
Rules-Read First     Home          Members     Calendar     Who's On

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

The Young Rider Forums are open to subscribers of Young Rider magazine ONLY. In order to register, you must have your Account Number. Please note that it takes 1-2 weeks for your subscription to be processed and your account to be activated.

Home » Young Rider Forum » Check Out My Equine Art » More Banners

More Banners Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 11/26/2010 10:46:07 AM
I've been working on my banner making and hopefully I've improved some. If anyone knows alot about GIMP, if you don't mind pming me to tell me how to use it. Oj, and I use PICNIK.

Critique Away!

Thanks!

Goodbye for now, YRland!

Post #1348172
Posted 3/23/2010 9:14:53 PM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: 6/3/2012 11:37:12 PM

^the "team" text is a bit hard to read with the overlapping, might be good if you could do it vertically on the right. also, the "Ty & Me" might be better moved down a bit so it's easier to read. also a border/shdow would be nice, but overall i like it :)

kinda crazy with the overlapping text, would be fine if they were the same font, and the front black with the white in the back and faded, if you know what I mean.

very cute, the colors go well, but the blue text is hard to read. also, you seem to be using that style of heart a lot, it gets pretty repetitive, but it is kinda your "trademark"

same thing with the text as in the second one. kinda strange effect on the whole banner with the pattern. the banner in general is a bit to "busy". oh, and what's with the random rose? o.O

LOVE this one, but the top text is hard to read in black. maybe try a blue or green? also might've been better without so much of the grainy effect.

Overall you've been improving A LOT. I've been figuring out GIMP bit by bit, so you can PM me if you want.

S <3 r r a
~My darling won't you feel the sweet heaven in our endless cry... endless cry.~ 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"There are no bad ideas. Just poorly executed awesome ones."
-Damon Salvatore
Post #1348804
Posted 3/24/2010 2:56:07 PM

Senior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior MemberSenior Member

Last Login: 5/12/2011 3:20:23 PM
Sorry if I come off a little harsh, and remember this is just based on my opinion, you don't have to listen to me, and don't take anything I say personally.

Not a big fan of the placement of the heart or the text, especially where it says "the perfect team". The shape's a little weird, too. Try making it more of rectangle shape, the other ones on here. Rectangles fit best under posts.

I don't like the text or border on this one, but I like the idea of blurring everything but him. I would stick with a simple, thin black border, and a less complicated font in a different place. And again, I would change the shape to rectangle.

I like the idea of this one, but I don't like the fonts or font colors at all, or the placement or the text. I would also suggest blending them together, instead of just putting them next to each other. Better shape, though.

Eh, I don't really like this one, but I tend to not like this style of banners, I usually prefer ones that are blended or cut. The swirly overlay thing makes it kinda dizzifying.

Not a big fan of the fonts on this one, and again, the shape is weird. The picture's a little grainy, which wouldn't be so bad if the font was more faded to match it.

leah

"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Amazing banner by Bree!

Post #1349010
Posted 3/25/2010 6:49:29 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 11/26/2010 10:46:07 AM
^ Thank you. Oh, and you didn't come off too harsh, I asked for a banner critique and you gave me one.

Goodbye for now, YRland!

Post #1349430
Posted 3/25/2010 10:30:22 AM

Last Login: 5/12/2011 3:20:23 PM
live2ride2 (3/25/2010)
^ Thank you. Oh, and you didn't come off too harsh, I asked for a banner critique and you gave me one.

No prob :) Some people are very easily offended, and I don't know you that well so I didn't want you to take anything I said the wrong way.

leah

"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Amazing banner by Bree!

Post #1349524
Posted 6/10/2014 8:41:51 PM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 11/25/2017 7:35:59 PM
can i use one of these or nah?

juliette

Post #2012133
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, yrboss, YRmod, Community Moderator

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:25am

HOME | MAGAZINE | FIND A HORSE | SHOPPING | RESOURCES | CONTACT US | ADVERTISE

shopanimalnetwork.com | Dog Fancy | Cat Fancy | Horse Illustrated | Reptiles | Remember Our Pets
Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc. Animal Network
nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+
Copyright ©  BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Privacy Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use * Guidelines for Participation